Tank Base Seal System
Tank Base Seal (TBS):
Protection is always needed for above ground industrial storage tanks and their contents because these are extremely valuable assets.
As a result of adverse weather conditions or condensation, moisture can accumulate at the chime angle or trail under the base of the tank which can lead to corrosion of the tank base, leakage or ultimately tank failure.
The implications of this however, extend far wider than just the cost of the tank and its contents.
Tank base corrosion is often caused in the following ways:
- Localized void cavities between tank and base
- Saturated insulation creating localized and severe CUI
- Failure of mastic type sealants
- Cracking and shrinkage of hot bituminous applications
- Fire sprinkler systems creating pooling and ponding around the base
- Tank deluge systems
- Settlement of storage tank
- Intermittently immersed in rainwater
- Expansion and contraction of tank
Traditional Maintenance Challenges
Storage tanks can be exposed to extreme weather and operating conditions such as rain, heat and loading. Conventional sealing methods, such as mastic tapes, are subject to shrinkage and UV attack which do not allow moisture to escape. However, for a long-term solution it is essential to address the following challenges:
- Allow trapped moisture to permeate out
- Allow flexibility to adapt to thermal expansion loading
- Offer a long-term sealing solution
What makes us different?
The UPS solution will not only seal your tank base for 10 years but also allow the tank base to breath and dry out, offering a long-term solution and improvement, making your job easier.
The Unique Polymer System (UPS) approach of sealing prevents the need for a completely new tank base, saving the replacement costs. Offering a long-term protection, it gives you ease of mind for many years.
The Unique Polymer System (UPS) products permit the substrate to breathe, allowing trapped moisture to evaporate, keeping the tank base dry.
Unique Polymer System (UPS) products are resistant to a wide range of chemicals and heat and in addition provide excellent corrosion protection, therefore offering long-term solutions.